- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that the Registry does not own or control, or to people that the Registry does not employ or manage or to the official public records of the Registry.
Information Collection and Use
- The Registry may collect personally identifiable information when you subscribe for a Registry account, when you use certain Registry services and products, and when you visit the Registry web site. The Registry may also receive personally identifiable information from our business partners.
- When you subscribe with the Registry we ask for your name, e-mail address, zip code, personal address, billing address, and phone numbers. Once you subscribe with the Registry and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
- The Registry also automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, Registry cookie information and the page you requested.
- The Registry uses information to fulfill your requests for certain products and services.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- The Registry will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to anyone.
- The Registry will send personally identifiable information about you to other companies or people when:
- We have your consent to share the information
- We need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested
- We need to send the information to companies who work on behalf of the Registry to provide a product or service to you. (Unless we tell you differently, these companies do not have any right to use the personally identifiable information we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process and any information requests deemed subject to the Massachusetts Public Records Law; or
- We find that your actions on our web sites violate the Barnstable County Terms of Service, or any of our usage guidelines for specific products or services.
Your Ability to Edit and De-activate Your Account Information and Preferences
- You may request an edit or a de-activation of your account by contacting us
- All request for edits or de-activation must be in writing and on the account holders’ business or personal letterhead.
- Your Account Information is password protected for your privacy and security.
- In certain areas the Registry uses industry standard SSL encryption to protect data transmissions.
- The Registry may amend this policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes in the way we use your personal information we will notify you by posting a prominent announcement on our pages.
Questions or Suggestions
If you have questions or suggestions contact us
DISCLAIMER: The Barnstable County Registry of Deeds presents the information on this web site as a service to the public. We have tried to ensure that the information contained in this electronic search system is accurate. The Registry of Deeds makes no warranty or guarantee concerning the accuracy or reliability of the content at this site or at other sites to which we link. Assessing accuracy and reliability of information is the responsibility of the user. The user is advised to search on all possible spelling variations of proper names, in order to maximize search results. The Barnstable County Registry of Deeds shall not be liable for errors contained herein or for any damages in connection with the use of the information contained herein. If you choose not to accept the conditions above please exit this site.
RETURN POLICY: Returns and/or refunds are not allowed. All sales are final.